Dramatic Writing (2008- Present)
- Mara, Queen of the World (2018). Jill, Jack, and the Martian Lady (2019). The Wild, Bold Enlightenment of Velvet the Mistress (2018). Cooking with Keisha (2014), workshopped at Signature Theatre Company, as part of Columbia University New Plays. Remnants (2015). Collision with Cake (2012) Staged at Manhattan Repertory Theatre (MRT) and directed by Kimille Howard. Staged at Schapiro Theatre and directed by Carl Cofield. Hello, I’m Eve (2012) Directed by Carl Cofield at Schapiro Theatre. Chocolate Barbie (2011) Harlem Classical Theatre (Playwrights Playground). Staged at The Fire This Time Festival.
- Rose Out the Pavement (2011) Harlem Classical Theatre (Playwrights Playground). Staged at Horace Mann Theatre, directed by Rebecca Nichloson. Staged by the Black Theatre Ensemble (BTE) at Barnard College, Columbia University. Blue House (2010) Staged at Pillsbury House Theatre/The Chicago Avenue Project. Pocket Watch (2010) Directed by Rebecca Nichloson and performed at Bedlam Theatre.
- Prodigal Children (2009) Developed at The Playwright’s Center of Minneapolis. A Splendid Spell (2008) Staged at Pillsbury House Theatre/The Chicago Avenue Project. Morningside (2012), Human Behavior (2014), Rainbow Baker (2014), The Adjunct (2015).
Sesame Street Writers’ Room Fellowship (2017)
- Created and wrote pilot for Sasha K. Jenkins, Kid Scientist. The script, titled “Decoding Hamad’s Dream,” is an animated children’s television series focused on STEM methodologies and problem-solving. Additional episodes include: “The One, the Only, Cloud Racer!” and “Brainy Bot X7000.”
- Learned about children’s media and child development from a variety of esteemed professionals, including: Ken Scarborough (Sesame Street, Head Writer), Ligiah Villalobos (Go, Diego! Go! Head Writer), Erica Branch Ridley (HITN Learning, VP of Development and Production), Janice Burgess (The Backyardigans, Creator), Adam Peltzman (Wallykazam! Creator), Dr. Rosemarie Truglio, PhD. (Sesame Street, SVP of Curriculum & Content), LaToye Adams (researcher in media and education technology), Chris Nee (Doc McStuffins, Creator), Maria Perez Brown (Gullah Gullah Island, Executive Producer), Ron Holsey (Odd Squad, Writer), and more.
Merit-based writing awards and fellowships (2008-2017)
- Workshop Fellow, Sesame Street Writers’ Room
- NBC Universal’s UCP Pitchfest 2017 (Alternate/Finalist)
- Jane Chambers Student Award, ATHE Performance in Theory and Practice
- America-in Play Fellowship, America In Play Dramaturgical Project
- Miller Scholarship, Columbia University School of the Art
- Liberace Award, Columbia University School of the Arts
- Howard Stein Fellowship, Columbia University School of the Arts
- The Matthews Fellowship, Columbia University School of the Arts
- Many Voices Fellowship, The Playwright’s Center of Minneapolis
- DRA Comms/Events Fellowship, Columbia University School of the Arts
Studied With: Lynn Nottage (mentor 2013-2014)–winner of the 2009 Pulitzer Prize For Drama for Ruined. Charles Mee. Jr.—playwright and recipient of the gold medal for lifetime achievement in drama from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. Frank Pugliese— Showrunner for House of Cards (Netflix). Kelly Stuart— playwright and author of The Interpreter of Horror at the Padua Hills Playwrights Festival, The Square Root of Terrible (a children’s musical) at the Mark Taper Forum, and Mayhem and Homewrecker at the Evidence Room. Anne Bogart— Artistic Director of SITI Company and recipient of a Doris Duke Artist Grant, a USA Fellowship, a Rockefeller Fellowship, and a Guggenheim Fellowship. Anthony Weigh—playwright and Associate Artist at the Donmar Warehouse under commission to the National Theatre. Gregory Mosher—TONY award-winning director and producer in New York City and London. Professor Arnold Aronson— theatre historian and author of Exhibition on the Stage: Reflections on the 2007 Prague Quadrennial (2008); Looking into the Abyss: Essays on Scenography (2005) and American Avant-Garde Theatre: A History (2001).